Sometimes, when you try to print some documents, there comes an error and you are not able to print. Printer not printing is the common error people face while printing. This error can occur due to multiple reasons which are not as big as people might think.
To avoid or to stop this error from occurring, you can perform some basic functions. It will just take a couple of minutes of your time to perform these functions.
Solutions you can perform:
- Jammed Papers
Your printer might not print when it is having chaos while selecting on which paper to print. As sometimes, 2-3 pages get collected in it and jam the channel through which a perfectly printed paper would come. In a case like this, you need to get the crumbled paper out of it or the extra papers out of the printer which are blocking the channel.
- Checking Error lights
It happens when some other light pops up on your printer than the usual and you don’t know what that means. If you happen to be in such a situation you can ask help from customer care services.
Alternatively, you can download a PDF manual for your printer online, this will guide you through and solve your problem.
- Printer Queue
Due to a bulk of unprinted documents in the past, your printer queue might get jammed. In this situation, you can just right click on the printer icon on your device and select the Open All Printers option. This will show you the list of queued items and you can delete all those unprinted queued documents.
- Printer Spooler
In case of printer not printing the documents, you can just restart the printer spooler. After which, your documents in the queue will be treated like they have just been added to the queue and will get printed. The advantage of doing this is that you don’t have to delete the items in your queue as you did in printer queue.
Reasons why printer is not printing
This can happen due to immaterial reasons when printing just make sure:
- Your printer is properly connected to your device.
- The Printhead of your printer is clean.
- The cartridge is properly set.
- Paper in the printer tray is not jammed.
- Your printer is not giving any error signal.
How to fix Printer not printing
In case your printer stops printing, there’s no need to worry. As just by this simple trick you can make your printer starts printing again.
- By performing some basic troubleshooting functions, you can solve your problem.
- Make sure the printer and the device are properly connected.
- By turning off the printer and unplugging the power cord, just wait for 2-3 minutes, then, replug the power cord and turn on the printer. This will make your printer print again.